Dear Hanson… who would have thought! I’m 41 and Taylor Hanson is about to be on Dancing With The Stars! My 14 year old self would have thought that we would be married by now. 😏 I bought your CD at “The Wall” in Granite Run Mall. Delco’s Finest. I thought I would take a trip down memory lane for old times sake. Listening to the lyrics …. Has moved me in a way, making me realize we have come full circle. There are few relationships in this life that will last, it’s important to hold on to the ones that are still there. Who will be around when you get old and start losing your hair? In a Mmm Bop they are gone. Plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose… you can plant anyone with love and find out which one grows…. It’s a secret no one knows. They end the song asking what the secret is. I am in no way tooting my own horn. What I do know is every solid relationship I’ve had, any friendship, I have put all of my effort into holding on to. Because every person I connect with is a part of the person I am today. My empathy has encouraged my connections. It’s important to have long lasting connections, that builds a solid support system. Solid support systems are made up of non judgmental, yet sugar coat free opinions. All of which makes a vulnerable person able to cry while knowing they have the strength to get up on their own. Real friends allow you to work your way through your own issues… with an open heart, a listening ear, and a firm push.
No comments:
Post a Comment