Wednesday, July 11, 2012

America Runs On Dunkin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4m6H90OzM

Yes that's me... Big Head. It's all the steroids... I am just a a swollen mess. I have always loved this song.. love that she represents Philly, and love that she wrote a song, not even knowing, about me coming off steroids! One thing I can not wait to do is put on my heels and go dancing. We all know I have the sweetest white girl moves.. but I'm not proud. I fully own my generic "Heather Moves". They aren't the best but they do the trick. It's not even about the drinking or the bar scene, I just want to dance! Coming down off the steroids has it's ups and downs. On one hand I can actually sleep at night, well that is giving me a 3 hour stretch which I will take. On the other hand my face and neck have never been more swollen! Sometimes I have to schedule feedings for just my solid double chin. I am continuing to have the "steroid acne" which is little white bumps that adorn and accentuate my double chin the most. I am looking forward to not having a "big head" any more... I will however love this song forever! The worst part is my joint pain, I could compare it to the "hobbling" scene in Misery with Kathy Bates. Yes that bad, but I realized I have to force myself to walk. Yesterday morning I woke up at 4 in extreme pain. I came downstairs and put my feet under the scalding hot water until the heat made no difference. The sheer pain of it made me put on my sneakers and I walked to Dunkin Donuts. It would normally take me a mere 5 mins, 25 mins later of biting tears away I had my brother pick me up. I def could not do the walk home. But I felt great the rest of the day! I had to force myself to find strength through the pain. Because honestly " America runs on Dunkin right?"

No comments: