Thursday, June 7, 2012

Foreshadowing

Just the ultimate dead nut picture of how my brother Cliffie (2) and I (8) would turn out. P.S. I will get crucified for calling him CLIFFIE in my blog, but moving on... Here is me the oldest, first born, the morning after that crazy party where my parents woke up at 18 like shit maybe we shouldn't have lit that bonfire in the house last night! I was the reality check, yet at the same time the product of what I like to think of as some 47 year old guys greatest night of his life.... the literal "life of the party". Then the story I like to go by is that over the next 5 years they got it together  got the house, the car, and everything set up, then had 3 more kids. That is possibly the most vague Ive told it but since I can't smoke or drink I figure my writing will occupy my need for a habit. I'm sure I will get into way more detail about my family and upbringing along the way. Back to the picture... I was always the ultimate priss. My mother tells me I refused to wear pants till I was preteen, and the dresses or skirts I would wear were held to a certain standard of "twirl capability". The ozone could be depleted from my love of Aqua Net Hairspray by age 3, and I could french braid and cornrow by 7.... ask the girls at camp! I loved anything and everything pretty, cool , and trendy. Hence my sweet outfit pictured here, with full pose to match. I just know I looked Phenom! Then there is Cliffie, just the most academic white collar 2 year old you have ever met. I have never met a kid who loved rules and regulation, class and order, liberty and justice in kindergarten. He just came out of the womb wearing a pin strip suit, on that phone, changing the world one buisness deal at a time. Cliffie's resume as a 21 year old college student is too long for my blog... believe me I'm sure you could google him. I guess the point I've been trying to gather on is that it's weird to look at old school pictures and see how obvious it is who you are, simply a foreshadow. The simplicity of the big picture when it is played out is genius, yet before you get the whole show it is the most down right confusing "why me?" tornado. So I guess I am in the hurricane of Cancer... just waiting for the clouds to clear with clarity. "Do something worth remembering" - Elvis Presley

1 comment: