Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Snozberries do not taste like Snozberries..

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0eMkcc91E
No need to get the BBQ all fired up, Burger King called for my "radiation" throat to personally flame broil each burger. This bites...It feels like acid reflux, and the texture of my tongue is is comparable to clapping used chalk erasers out in the middle of the Sahara desert. Gross. Tomorrow will be my 8th radiation treatment leaving me with the realization that this will only get worse. I brush my teeth and spit black feeling oddly similar to Natalie Portman  in her psychotic distorted breakdown which ends "Black Swan". Texture is different as well, I swear every single carbonated drink is either flat or the fountain is broke. But it's just me... me and the radiation. Google only furthered my fear with saying some people lose their ability to taste, or the function to swallow. But someone once said that attitude is the difference between an obstacle and an adventure! And although my mouth and throat are lacking.. I've dropped that stinking ten pounds Ive been struggling with for months, and the few items I've ever bought that were a SMALL are now sashaying their way to the front of my closet.... and is that a delicate bone frame at my collarbone? all these things have to keep me up when I'm down. Simple laughter and optimism have to become my new BFF's. My best efforts for this blog is to bring you my ups and downs of this because lets get real its not always rainbows and butterflies, its compromise that moves us along (thanks Adam Levine) wow I'm getting cheesy with the quotes to night but to tie it together which we all know is my greatest challenge ...always.... Willy Wonka says exactly how I'm feeling in this clip... We are the music makers,And we are the dreamers of dreams,Wandering by lone sea-breakers,And sitting by desolate streams;" Because really seriously though... Who ever heard of a Snozberry?

11 comments:

Maloneyheather27@gmail.com said...

Ok so just to be clear the true author of the end quote is Arthur o'Shaughnessy. By far the most noted of any his works are the initial lines of the Ode from his book Music and Moonlight (1874):

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

Anonymous said...

Why can I picture that lone anorexic reading this and sitting way too close to her microwave?
Xoxoxo

Maloneyheather27@gmail.com said...

First off... I have never been capable of not eating.. I love food and I was raised on my dad telling me "a guy likes a girl with a little meat on her bones". You should go back to my blog and read my 1st of 3 .. which states I just found out I have stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Or maybe you should just take another hit of acid either way you will probably get a trip of my other blogs.. enjoy!

Danielle Skupp said...

Girl.. you do ROCK!! I could sit and listen to your stories or read your words all day! I will be following you every step of the way ...laughing..crying ..all with you...as you tell your tale.....
Write on!
Love u
xo

Julz said...

Love you Heather : )....Love your blog and your whitty personality, you haven't let this change the wonderful person that you are!
Julz

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0eMkcc91E

Anonymous said...

Haha it's stephanie(2 the other one) of course I'm not blog savvy and have no way of adding my name to my post. So I just added my xoxoxo signature...which at 1 am was all I could muster in code. Oh how I miss you! P.S. 50 loves a girl who eats too!

Maloneyheather27@gmail.com said...

hahaha... I am not blog savvy either... u should see how long it takes me to post... i was kinda hoping whoever it was just had some sweet drugs lol!

Anonymous said...

Haha just cheap alcohol

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I love you! Dont forget you can always count on me.
Love Mom

Kerri said...

Amazing! I love your blogs an I can just picture your crazy ass telling them to me in person! U r by far the most uplifting person I know! U got this momma!