Sunday, June 24, 2012

Beautiful People

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhChl6tCYFg&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL94C21369DC4DE0F3

Pressure... pressure can be a funny thing. As of tomorrow aka at 7:20 am Monday morning I was supposed to be in the hospital for the "minor, we do this everyday" surgery for my Port Placement. A port placement is when they would be putting a tiny ( size and width of the top of my thumb) port into my chest with a long thin plastic tube that connects to one of my arteries, up around through my neck, it comes back around down to the center of the port and to grandmother's house we go. The worst and last time I'll have to get put under,  sliced and diced for now! It is good though because the purpose of it is to save my veins, so that after I get this in, every time I go for chemo they can do all my meds, take blood, or give me antibiotics through this port. For me it is just going to be weird because I will know it is there, for me its the thought it. The absolute knowledge that something is there. "Will I see it?  Will I be able to feel it? Do they prick through my skin every time? Can my body reject it?" Soooooo many questions! However I never got the confirmation call and there were strict instructions on what to do before the surgery starts. So now I am not going. I will be going to my 18th radiation tomorrow.. done on Wednesday... Finally! I can wait to have my mouth back.... this battery acid lemon juice taste on the constant really is not working for me, TART doesn't come close to describing.  Its just tongue thrust central... I gross myself out do not worry. I wanted to get the port placement over with but now I will wait. Pressure. I just want to get it done. But all In good time, I'm dozing and I'm gonna try to drift off at the thought of Allen from the hangover, back when I was a fan of the man that didn't know that facial hair would change his career.  SNAP IF YOUR WITH ME! This clip is from when Zach G. had his own late night talk show. before he starred in Hangover. When we start with the mistaken belief that it is an easy life that will make us truly happy, we become weary trying to live out our faulty belief. A contented person has learned to accept the bitter with the sweet. Let me end in what recently became one of my favorite quotes, "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation,a sensitivity, and understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."- Elizabeth Kubler Ros (thanks Judy!)

No comments: