Tuesday, June 19, 2012

You Should See The Toast.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IquI7dwCj6s  
Get the snow shovel out...Steroids are like crack. This is what I feel my son comes down to for the everyday breakfast post- Cancer. Every balloon ribbon has been curled individually with scissors, did someone say streamers? what color? what time does the dollar store open? I should invest in a cow so I can just start churning my own butter and milk. I made those pancakes from scratch... up all night just to make you this AM extravaganza. Honestly my son would really love it and tell me I'm the best because he's just got it like that.  My mind is racing a mile a minute, there are so many things I could do... organized projects that were unheard of before now seem utterly necessary to proceed with life. (and by mentioning "utterly" I am subconsciously going to back to the serious consideration of buying the cow again) RACING! My brother mike rolls over from sleeping on the couch around 4 am to find me all Agent Piss'ant from Corkey Ramano "QUESTION?.....YES? ... NO?..... DID U HAVE A QUESTION?... I SHOULD BUY A BOAT." He just looks at me and rolls back over asking if I'm OK, knowing full well that I am. "Yes I'm just cracked out on steroids... I'm going to make a pie. Dead serious the hand made butter dough is chilling in the fridge. and I've pitted and cut 2 lbs. of fresh cherries. I am not joking. I guess its just the most organized and efficient I've ever been in my life. I would wish that everyone in some way, shape, or form, would be so lucky as to get a wake up call, not in the Cancer manner, just to re appreciate that a home-made pie can show so much love. "We must never forget that we may also find meaning in life even when confronted with a tragic situation, when facing a fate that can not be changed. For what then matters is to bear witness to the uniquely human potential at it's best, which is to transform a personal tragedy into a triumph, to turn one's predicament into a human achievement" - a quote from 'A Man's Search for Meaning' (inspiration shared by Charisse <3)

3 comments:

Nutz4reading said...

Home made anything is made with love!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, Late to the party as usual. I am most definitly a better person for having read your blog!! You are an amazing woman! Love you! Audrey

Anonymous said...

Ok. So I couldn't get that Sweet Cherry Pie song (warrent) out of my head....or so I thought...til I looked up the lyrics! Had it all wrong. Now because I miss your endless stories on my endless smoke breaks...I'm afraid that song is now going to be forever embedded in my brain. xoxoxo Stef(the other one)